Saturday, November 12, 2011

Go Google: gmail - the diff tool

I sent an SQL query to my friend and later I added a line to that query and sent it back. To my surprise, I observed that only the changed line appeared in black and rest in quoted text color (I guess that is purple). WOW!! Knowingly or unknowingly gmail turned out to be a diff tool for me. Then I did another experiment and this is the result.

Apple
Blackberry
Carrot
Desert fig
Etrog
...
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Amod Pandey <amod.pandey@zovi.com> wrote:
- Hide quoted text -
Apple
Banana
Carrot
Desert fig
Etrog
...



As always I would say, enjoy the Googles!


2 comments:

Sriki said...

not sure i understand what you mentioned in the blog - where is the highlighting?

Amod said...

Sorry Sriki had missed the comment. Need to set email notification. Here I am one year late :)
The purple color and the black color.