Sunday, July 8, 2012

Go Google: Search - What you need it what you get

I have heard many of my friends talking about various search engines but anytime when I have been to their computer I have seen google search windlows :)

Many people use Google.com to verify their internet connectivity!! This is trust.

There is always a lot to talk about Google but I open my blog to put simple features those strike me.

Today there was a fantastic Wimbledon finals between Federer and Murray. Federer out played Murry and regained his World No 1 position.

Earlier this evening I was looking for game timing for the final and I entered 'wimbledon' in google search. I got the match fixtures and the timings in IST (my timezone) on the search results page itself!!!

This is amazing. I am putting a screen shot of the search which I did just after the game.



The result is even more surprising when I searched for Andy Murray.


Shows Andy Murray matches on the left. On the right there is Andy Murry pic coming from Google Plus and details from Wikipedia. There is search suggestion for other leading tennis players (we had seen this only on Amazon.com. 'People who bought this also bought').

There is also a feedback link which if you click will ask to indicate if there is any wrong information.

The Google feedback is integrated on so many of the google product making it easier for the users. But think about the amount of feedback they might be getting. I guess only computers would be reading those!

Again I am a happy Google Search user. Thanks to Panda and Penguin :)

No comments: